Wednesday, July 15, 2009

About the blog title...

So, what's up with the title of this blog?

Well, on the way back from Temple Crag, I kept thinking how wrong it felt for my dad's remains to be in a tin can in Chatsworth, CA (not that there isn't some nice local climbing/bouldering there, but still...). I talked with my uncle about it he agreed: we should broach the possibility of spreading my father's ashes at the base of Temple Crag.

My Mom and sister were thrilled with the idea as well, so here is the deal: consider this blog half done.

My current thinking is that this time next year, we will hold a reunion/memorial service at Temple Crag, and liberate my father's earthly remains to the environment that held such appeal for him. I am envisioning taking over one of the group camp sites in Big Pine Creek, parking a few RVs and trailers for those of us who'd rather NOT sleep on the ground, and make a weekend of it. Arrive Friday, get an early start on the hike Saturday so we can take it easy and enjoy all of the beauty the site has to offer, spread his ashes, then come back down and celebrate life.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know but I can't stop crying. Thank you for posting this. I am stunned by the beauty, and, honestly, speechless. Consider us in for the reunion, if girls are allowed. Love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila. I had already counted you and yours in the initial planning. I look forward to seeing you all.

    ReplyDelete